[ExI] 'capitalism' genes was breeding cats

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:06:20 UTC 2010

On 6/8/10, spike wrote:
>  Cool!  This reinforces my notion that an organized effort to breed behaviors
>  into cats could be done in a reasonable time span.  Twenty generations of
>  cats would fit in a single human lifespan.  It is difficult to explain *why*
>  exactly one would *want* a cat who drapes its inert self over one's
>  shoulders, but no more mysterious is this than why it is that so many
>  otherwise sane people feed the useless beasts daily.

It's been done, Spike.  The breed is called the Ragdoll cat.
Because when you pick them up, they flop like a ragdoll.

<http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/ragdoll.html>

Quote:
Ragdoll cats tend to be more interested in humans than some breeds of
cats. They are known to run to greet you at the door, follow you from
room to room, flop on you, sleep with you, and generally choose to be
where you are. Many Ragdolls have been taught to come when called and
play fetch. They are gentle cats, and usually play without extending
their claws.

Video here:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dc4ELSfQ5w>

Oooooohhhhh! Cat videos!!   Lovely!!!!!