[ExI] Google mess

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 10 17:15:05 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 6/10/10, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> So what's the easiest way to switch
> off or banish the goddamned visual clutter that Google is
> now shoving in our faces on their search page?

Sign out of Google.  Or, better yet, delete all cookies
that come from *.google.com, then restart your browser
to make sure they're gone.  Google retains the simple
look for "anonymous" users.

(Yes, this can be a pain if you're using GMail.  But,
hey, it's their mail service; integration with the rest
of their services is the price you pay, especially if
you're not otherwise paying them anything.)