[ExI] south carolina primary election

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 18:08:54 UTC 2010

Will you remain neutral?

And why should this matter again?

Basically, I see democracy -- rightfully, I think (or I'd change my mind) -- as merely a way of pretending the rule have a say in how they're ruled. It's a nice illusion for many -- and works especially well for political elites who badger those uppity types with vote tallies as if these actually measured anything important.

Also, there seems to be the notion that somehow in the past -- maybe the distant past, maybe in someone's lifetime -- that somehow democracy worked and produced good results, but today this has been corrupted. Isn't the truth more that things have always been corrupt? The more astounding thing for me is how much corruption there's always been and yet there's almost no rebellion. (To me, this is not a good sign. It's an extremely bad one. It means, to me, almost everyone will tolerate abuse of power as well as readily accept fair tales about history and civics. To me, that's much more dangerous than living in a society of well armed people who are [heathily] distrustful of their rulers.)

Regards,

Dan