[ExI] transhumanist as a philosophy

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 02:44:03 UTC 2010

On 6/16/2010 9:10 PM, Max More wrote:
> Transhumanism is not yet a philosophy?
>
> Have I switched to an alternate universe?
>
> Wait... what... huh?

I assume you disagree with my earlier proposition:

"a perspective, a set of interpretative principles and principles of
action, tends be regarded as a *formal philosophy* only after it has
been canonized in one or more major texts."

Have you read the book I cited, Max?* If so, what did you think of it?
Are there any other foundational texts in print you'd recommend? Or do
you say that the Principles of Extropy suffice? (Even though there seem
to be more transhumanists who are not Extropians than those who are.)

*Designer Evolution: A Transhumanist Manifesto (2005, Prometheus) by
Simon Young

I'm not trying to be difficult; this seems to me rather important, in
the domain of discussion outside this list.

Damien Broderick