[ExI] [Cosmic Engineers] Re: YES! Hard-core transhumanist splinter groups yearning for cyber-heaven

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:06:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jan Klauck <jklauck at uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

> --- quoting Giulio Prisco
> YES! Let's form hard-core transhumanist splinter groups yearning for
> cyber-heaven. Let's put some vision, imagination and FUN back into
> transhumanism. Let's re-affirm the bold, fresh, uncompromising and
> energizing transhumanism of Hans Moravec and Max More.
> ---
>
> Wasn't OCE meant as such a group? Then you started this Turing Church
> (nice name, BTW). How many more splinter groups do you intend to
> start?

Jan, thank you for bringing this up. My transhumanist friends and I
wondered about this too. WTA has had political problems like crazy
since inception- after all, it was perhaps created under idle
speculation that "those damned extropians" were too radical. I
continue to hear political issues throughout the community from one
group or another, and then groups start splintering off, and it
happens again, and again. On many nights with my room mates, this
discussion has come up and we've made pacts to start a transhuman tech
team that doesn't have all the other bullshit that past organizations
have had. You know, to be isolated from whatever other troubles
inflict the current groups.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507