[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 81, Issue 30

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 03:34:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM,  udend05 at aol.com wrote:

> If this is what Damien meant, I can only reiterate my view that transhumanism is only an infant: it needs careful handling by parents with reasonably consistent views, an abundance of love (for each other, as well), and a single-minded devotion to the idea that it will be the most beautiful adult ever created.

It is my thought that the people who will have the most effect on
bringing the elements of transhumanism into being (ultra medicine, AI,
nanotech, etc) probably will have never heard of transhumanism or if
they have, only in passing.

The working stiffs tend to be allergic to anything with a philosophical flavor.

Keith