[ExI] 41% of people are insane

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 14:34:02 UTC 2010

On 6/23/10, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> Yes, but I wonder how many people really believe the answer they give,
>  rather than just saying it because it is socially acceptable.

Well, that suggestion could invalidate every poll ever done.   :)

I believe that Pew works with panels of people that volunteer to
answer surveys for them and they provide Pew with details of their
lifestyle, so that Pew can make a balanced selection for each poll.
The survey is done by phone, so there is no peer pressure to saying
yes, no, maybe, to each question asked. If there was anyone else in
the room, they wouldn't hear the questions. It is also unlikely that
people would volunteer to do surveys in the first place if they
intended to lie. Why bother?

BillK