[ExI] few bits per second

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 05:24:48 UTC 2010

*"Are you advocating that the unproven and preposterous should be considered
factually valid"*
*
*
*-Ross Evens, recently*

No--why do you immediately assume a confrontational stance?  We are just
lollygagging around the topic.

Don't you think it's alright to allow for the possibility that quantum
mechanics, which describe our entire universe, might be a factor in human
cognition?  Your denying it on logical grounds (based on ever-changing
axioms) is worse than our considering it *because* we know that the axioms
will change.

Penrose might be too hopeful, but all you have against his "science might be
magic" faith is your "science musn't be magic" faith.  Denial just as
categorical.  A lot of things we have today would be magic to people of the
past.

Maybe I support the possibility because I *want* it to be true.  But it
seems like you *want* it to be false.  Why?