[ExI] few bits per second

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sun Jun 27 16:48:20 UTC 2010

samantha writes:

> scerir wrote:

>> All this is essentially pure speculation. We don't know how the brain
>> encodes information, and as such to even talk in terms of bits and bytes
is
>> to fall foul of the assumption,

> Are you saying that there is no way to quantify how much information a
> human being can commit to memory per unit time currently?

That quote (and the other quotation) is wrong, Ross said that, not me.
Anyway I'm inclined to think that the concept of quantity of information
must be defined properly here. In example what are the 'carriers' of this
information? Is the process digital, sometimes also analogical, or mixed?
Can we describe the carriers of informations, or the informations themselves,
by means of a sequence of classical symbols on the tape of a Turing
machine?