[ExI] Purpose of list was a few bits per second

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Jun 28 21:19:49 UTC 2010

Keith's view certainly does not reflect my own. I see some good
reasons for going beyond talking to a few other people and attempting
to get transhumanist ideas more widely and fully appreciated in the
mainstream. In fact, I think we are seeing that happening. Among
other reasons, more mainstream acceptance of (or at least
understanding of) transhumanist idea will influence public policy and
perhaps the direction of technological advance.

So, in my view, you are *not* in the wrong place, in relation to this issue.

Max

> >Max can speak up on this topic, but I never saw any point to getting
>transhumanism (or before that extropy) into the main stream.
>
>If that is the consensus round here, then I am in the wrong place.
>
>Part of my own agenda is the political desire to see transhumanism
>
>become more publicly known and accepted.
>
>Best,
>
>Damian U.

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher