[ExI] DNA: quantum correlations?

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Jun 28 22:00:14 UTC 2010

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25375/

The relevance of continuous variable entanglement in DNA
http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.4053
Elisabeth Rieper, Janet Anders, Vlatko Vedral
Abstract: We consider a chain of harmonic oscillators with dipole-dipole
interaction between nearest neighbours resulting in a van der Waals type
bonding. The binding energies between entangled and classically correlated
states are compared. We apply our model to DNA. By comparing our model with
numerical simulations we conclude that entanglement may play a crucial role in
explaining the stability of the DNA double helix.

[please notice that Vlatko Vedral is a real name in the field
of quantish matters]