[ExI] mind body dualism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:11:42 UTC 2010

On 28 June 2010 00:28, Gordon Swobe <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > "The old concepts of mind-body dualism are turning out not
> > to be true at all," Bargh said. "Our minds are deeply and organically
> > linked to our bodies."
>
> Heresy! lol.

Really?

Always thought that *this* was the orthodox position, beyond the
monotheistic or thinly secularised stuff on souls and psyches.

That is, the "mind" is not something especially more esoteric nor has a more
independent reality than, say, "digestion".

Both are simply bodily functions, both are to some extent still poorly
understood, both can in principle be certainly emulated by any other
physical system, of course with very different performances depending on its
features. In generic as well as in specific, individual terms.

--
Stefano Vaj