[ExI] psi yet again.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 21:02:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Others on the list can play, come on people, power up your machines and see
> what you get. The rule is that each guess at 6/49 possible winning numbers
> is independent, and 1 guess in 1000 is available for modification by
> precognition.**  What changes? Does everyone suddenly win, destroying the
> lotto company (as John seems to imagine)? Do 1000 times as many people share
> the top division prize, flabbergasting the statisticians? Or what?

I think this is modified the same way 'predictive' analysis of the
stock market by machines exacerbates instabilities.  If the rate is
1/1000 and there are 3 psychics the effect may be accumulate to
1/(1000^3)

So maybe it is common enough that the mere presence of 2 or more in
the same contest negate their effect?

Maybe some psychics are stronger than others and out-influence
probability to benefit only the strongest?