[ExI] psi yet again.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 30 04:38:13 UTC 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> Still waiting for an answer to my question: how would a small psi effect modify expected chance outcomes for lotto?

Many states have a game where you pay a dollar and pick a number from 000 to 999, if you guess correctly you get $500. These games have been going on for many years and the profit they make for the state is always highly predictable. Year in and year out the amount of money the state will have to pay out in prizes can be calculated and it always conforms to the laws of probability you'd get if the numbers were picked randomly. You say that the psi effect is very small but it can't be all that small if  two bit researchers with a shoestring budget can detect it easily. If even they can see it then Psi should stand out like a blinding beacon in state lotteries with their VASTLY larger number of test subjects, but all they see is noise in the data.

  John K Clark