[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:45:25 UTC 2010

There is something to be said for depth, however this horse may have been
beaten beyond recognition.  But I am sure some neat-o ideas have been put
out there that never would have been produced if this stuff hadn't been
taken beyond its logical ends.

As for "esoteric yet promising ideas," I have posted not one but two
messages to the list in the past 2 days, each in excess of 1000 words, that
seem to have been ignored for what is most likely a response to the naïveté
of my writing (I'm seventeen, damnit!) but perhaps shows an endemic
pro-classicism here.  That, or I would just love validation.

But honestly, to stimulate discussion:

a) More topics on space, on material science, on energy, on social dynamics!

b) To these topics, reply even if you aren't confident in totality of theory
or if you think your ideas are half-formed.  There is always a chance that
the seed of wonder is somewhere in those ideas, especially when there is
almost surely a person on this list who is very well-versed in said topic
and can help with the nitty-gritty.  The more ideas get put out there, the
better chances there are of one being a good one.  The rest will die as per
natural selection.  Be impulsive more, and, most importantly, establish a
filter that replaces every instance of the word "Searle" with "Fuck me!"