[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

JOSHUA JOB nanite1018 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 03:00:53 UTC 2010

On Feb 28, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Will Steinberg wrote:
> for "esoteric yet promising ideas," I have posted not one but two messages to the list in the past 2 days, each in excess of 1000 words, that seem to have been ignored for what is most likely a response to the naïveté of my writing (I'm seventeen, damnit!) but perhaps shows an endemic pro-classicism here.  That, or I would just love validation.
"Chess Room" seemed interesting, but I never finished it, sooo long, haha. Sorry. I'll probably read over it, though I make no promises.
> a) More topics on space, on material science, on energy, on social dynamics!
>
> b) To these topics, reply even if you aren't confident in totality of theory or if you think your ideas are half-formed.  There is always a chance that the seed of wonder is somewhere in those ideas, especially when there is almost surely a person on this list who is very well-versed in said topic and can help with the nitty-gritty.  The more ideas get put out there, the better chances there are of one being a good one.  The rest will die as per natural selection.  Be impulsive more, and, most importantly, establish a filter that replaces every instance of the word "Searle" with "Fuck me!"
Yes! I love it. I joined the list about 4-5 months ago now, and I really liked it when I started, but the last couple of months have sort just dragged on. I've gotten so used to just rapidly slamming on the "delete" key that I now tend to venture on the "nah, not going to read it side.

Btw, I'm 19, and its good to know there are at least a couple young people on the list (not saying everyone else is old, but I got the impression youngins were rare 'round these parts).

Not sure if I am comfortable to post an original topic just yet, but I'll try to pay more attention in the future. This is, after all, an "extropy" chat list, and the whole point is to fight entropy, after all.

Joshua Job
nanite1018 at gmail.com