[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 1 03:14:41 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat
>
> On 2/28/2010 6:43 PM, Spencer Campbell wrote:
>
> > I haven't been here long enough to have any idea of how
> things used to be...
>
> Rue the day, kiddo. The sigma dropped by at least 50% when
> Eliezer, Anders, Robin Hanson, Eugen Leitel, Hal Finney,
> Robert Bradbury and some others left the room. You have no
> idea. A pity the archives don't go back that far.
>
> Damien Broderick

We adultos rue the day these guys left too.  I got a phone call from Robert
Bradbury a few weeks ago.  He is well, still thinking, still being Robert.
Anders was in town last spring for a meeting of some sort, but I was on the
road on the east coast for business most of the time he was here, so we
didn't even get a chance to gather the locals.  Shelly and Isaac enjoyed the
sunshine of his presence.  Eugen has a son about the same age as mine, so I
have a good notion of why we seldom hear from him these days.