[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:15:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:16 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> But we have a new generation appearing. Unfortunately (for the ol'
> guys) they appear to have the normal student desire to sit round a
> table at 2 in the morning, discussing whether the table really exists.
> (Don't laugh - you know you've all done it!)
> But the oldies will have to have a bit of patience while the
> youngsters work through that phase. The kids nowadays!  ;)

Hey!  I'd call it more trying to see why the table exists given that we know
it does.  I guess it is a bit...airy?  But where else are you going to find
the latest references to MTV, texting, Miley Cyrus, instant gratification,
electronic-mail, high-fructose corn syrup, hyphenation, blue jeans, or
Pokemon?  We might have some solid ideas!

Because, I mean, like, what if this is all--you know, I mean life,
right--what if it's all, like, we're in this big computer, and it's like,
you know that binary shit, right?  Like we're all that kinda code and then,
like, you can hack the code, and--dude, fuck!  Are you just going to hold
it?  I mean, pass it dude, you're wasting it!  ...Do we have any more Easy
Mac?  ;)