[ExI] How not to make a thought experiment

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 1 16:03:46 UTC 2010

Since my last post Gordon Swobe has posted 5 times.

> If you think the conscious thoughts in your head exist as physical properties of matter then you can embrace materialism.

But one cannot embrace Gordon Swobe's views who believes consciousness was created by things the Scientific Method cannot detect and, although Swobe gives lip service to it, clearly Darwin's theory of Evolution could not have produced.

> If you cannot think at all then you can embrace John Clark. [...] I have been unfairly maligned for presenting a philosophy heretical to extropianism, and for no other reason. What happened to free thought and spirited debate on this list?

What happened to people who had the courage to defend their views when seriously challenged instead of looking for sympathy and whining about unfair treatment ?

> If A has no interest in B's messages then A should behave like an adult and simply ignore B.

Or one could challenge B, in fact I was under the impression that was the entire point of the Extropian list; and I'm sorry this message is so short but even with 5 posts there was very little substance to work with.

 John K Clark