[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Aware aware at awareresearch.com
Mon Mar 1 17:18:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Gordon Swobe <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 3/1/10, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Matches: from:(Gordon Swobe)
>> Do this: Skip Inbox, Delete it
>
> Exactly, Bill. Nobody reads messages at gunpoint. If A has no interest in B's messages then A should behave like an adult and simply ignore B.

...and speaking of self-referentiality, not necessarily humorous:

-1 to Gordon for another example of extreme oversimplification to make
a point ("at gunpoint" and "simply ignore") again demonstrating
insensitivity to context.

-1 to Jef for futilely reminding Gordon of the importance of context.

and,

+2 to Jef for doing it in a humorous, self-referential way,
(((taunting someone who is childishly suggesting we behave as adults)
and self-referentially commenting on it) thus turning it into a joke.)

- Jef