[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

moulton at moulton.com moulton at moulton.com
Wed Mar 3 03:42:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 11:23 -0800, Christopher Luebcke wrote:
> It's extraordinary to me that scientific research that provides support
> for AGW theory gets so much critical attention, yet accusations of fraud
> are accepted on this list without comment.

I have been recovering from a cold and am thus a few days behind on several items.  One item I am concerned about is the use of the term "fraud".  I strongly urge that we avoid using the term "fraud" as a synonym for "dishonest" or "devious" or even "sloppy" or "unprofessional".  We need to be precise in our language.  And typically persons who provide solid evidence will have their claim taken more seriously. So let us all agree to improve the quality of the discourse

Since Phil Jones has been mentioned in various messages I am providing the links to the panel where Phil Jones appeared in the UK.
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAj_lZv4Gxc
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0oGnqtVXo
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBInhAVeixk
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tskv-rX8F4
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8KUm4AEZ5E

Everyone can watch and listen and make their own decision about whether they believe Phil Jones or not.

Fred