[ExI] intellectual property again

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 19:16:49 UTC 2010

 OK, I will chime in for the Free side (I may change without warning or explanation).
As someone that creates original Art, Music, Scientific theories, Writings, Inventions, Software and a few other things that could fall under I.P.
I have found that the whole protection system stifles my creativity and offers nothing but distraction and concern.
I have unreleased albums, unfinished books, unpublished theories, books and unrealised inventions cluttering my shelves. When they should be out in the world making it a better place.

My own personal view is that the protection system is not the source of the problem. Reward is the real issue and this always comes down to cold hard cash.
The sooner we do away with the stuff, the quicker we can get to creation for altruism and social merit.

How many world changing inventions are locked away out of fear that the idea will be stolen or un rewarded?