[ExI] Thread renaming (Was: common sense)

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 02:10:59 UTC 2010

No, Spencer, you don't get it. John Clark created that thread of his to stuff the search engines.

He falsely characterizes my views while using my name sometimes four or five times or more in a single message. I once saw him use my complete name three times in two sentences! He posts his obnoxious messages to the same thread so it will appear in the search engines when people search on my name.

I object to the deplorable behavior that I see here from this character who goes by the name of John K. Clark. I consider it conduct unbecoming an extropian.

To your point, Spencer, I have no problem whatsoever with the fact that you and other people here disagree with me. It reminds me of a similar situation from about 10 years ago... I mentioned this to Stathis here recently: In 1999 I exposed some health risks associated with a substance that some people at the time considered a fountain of youth. Some hopeful dreamers on a discussion list like this resisted my contrarian views, but I felt concerned for their health and persisted. The subject took up a lot of bandwidth and so it became temporarily verboten, similar to this situation now. I suppose I manage to get myself into a good row once every 10 years :-)

-gts