[ExI] Question from a neophyte

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Mar 6 01:33:59 UTC 2010

John wrote:

> I remember being in a Immortality Institute chatroom where a *19* year-old
> young man went on and on about how he wanted to "get rid of his damn meat
> body and be uploaded!"  Transhumanist body image problems, anyone??

Not at all!  I enjoy sports too much.  Sure, I've gotten on in the
years and work to retard as much aging as possible, but I have no
interest in being a bodiless thingy when there could be so many, many
possible alternatives to bodily design - shape, consistency, material,
transparency, etc.  As a very basic example which are rather mundane
but at least are imaginative, just look at some of the marvelous body
designs in Section Life.  My dear friend Elif Ayiter designs amazing
entity forms.

www.flickr.com/people/alpha_auer/
www.citrinitas.com/
mutamorphosis.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/elif-ayiter/
visualcomplexity.com

While a biological body is so 20th Century, that doesn't mean that a
body is passe.

Best to you John,
Natasha