[ExI] Genetic test for most effective diet

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 19:28:04 UTC 2010

Max,

> Although it's clear that some genetic tests are valid, I'm
> very unsure about this one. I saw only one study cited.
> Anyone know whether the claimed study is supported or
> contradicted by other research?

I found this pdf of a powerpoint presentation that contains references to a number of studies supporting the research:

http://nutrigenomics.ucdavis.edu/ames/downloads/debusk_and_draper_workshop2a.pdf

You'll see the relevant studies cited about half-way through the presentation. You could then look for abstracts of the original research in the PubMed database:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

I haven't looked at the abstracts but the concept seems valid to me based on the powerpoint.

-gts