[ExI] Socialimplications ofwidespreadextropian/positivistideals.

ddraig ddraig at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 08:54:31 UTC 2010

On 10/03/2010, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone, let's get back to the subject of helping out Dwayne.  What
> serious advice would each of you give him at this point in his life?

I have been unemployed for a long time, mostly reading and doing
research. This hampers me somewhat in my current situation.

"stay in touch with your friends"   <-- support networks are damned handy.

"just because you trust someone does not mean you can trust their
family"  <-- my friend is mad but a nice guy, sister is venal.

I started a business years ago, did not trust my partner but set it up
so he could not harm things. His father, the investor, pulled the plug
and rendered his son bankrupt. I assumed he could trust his dad.
Noooo.

"if you are going to be thrown out on the street, make sure it happens
over summer"
 oooh, yes, I like that one.

"don't be overly positive"  <---- I should have got onto this the
moment she was making noises about booting us out, and not assumed I'd
walk into a job.

Dwayne
I'm quite touched by this, I have had very little to do with this list
since the early 90s, I just mine it for urls and shake my head at some
of the radical capitalist rants. Sorry this has turned into a giant
thread about me  :-/
--
   ddraig at pobox.com irc.deoxy.org #chat
   ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...