[ExI] Bodies

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 19:25:56 UTC 2010

It's rather ironic from my perspective as my MBTI [1] is INT...

But, yes, it would be more effective for more Transhumanist to try experiments and lifestyle changes to see what the potential is. Rather than rehash mental models over and over. One of the problems with those models is that they are generalized and so they lose a lot of lower level complexity that makes things look simpler and cleaner than they really are.

Back in the mid 80's I help start a hands-on science museum called Discovery Hall. After it failed I got involved in the Cypherpunks trying to figure out ways to use technology to change the power politic status quo. In the early 00's I started an Open Source technology company called Open Forge, LLC that turned out to be a neat way to blow $250k. Now I'm looking at doing a distributed hackerspace... http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Confusion_Research_Center. Maybe practice makes perfect ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus