[ExI] Bodies

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 18 16:55:46 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> > Maybe somebody needs to write a book.
>
> A book? A *book*? Maybe you mean a five minute YouTube vid? A
> rap song?
> A slogan? Who reads books?
>
> <http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nation_shudders_at_large
> _block_of>
>
> Damien Broderick

I do!  Ink on dead trees is still the gold standard for information, even
tho we have a bunch of good alternatives now.  I see it as kind of society's
modern method of super-editing: the stuff that is exceptionally relevant and
worthy of archiving is still being distributed that way.  I don't expect it
will always be so, and I read far fewer books than I did a decade ago, but
there is still good stuff to be found there.