[ExI] ExI] intelligence, coherence, the frontal lobe, quantum evolution

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 17:46:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Evolutionary Psychology is seeming more and more bogus to me.

It seems however, that there is no way around it.  Behavior is
biological.  All things biological are evolved.  Ergo...

Valid criticism of EP is abundantly reasonable if, as your comments
suggest, it is based on the ("flakeyness", "flakeablity",
"flake-worthy-ness" , flakeage-enabled", "flake-tending") behavior of
human scientists (as opposed to alien scientists or say those geniuses
of applied psychology and empirical clarity, canine scientists).

                                         **********************

By the way, regarding Peter Watts' fate, I expect the trial judge will
sentence him to time served and probation (because the cop beat on the
guy).  The indictment and the subsequent conviction are a collection
of messages: (1) Don't mess with the cops( as in "never"), (2) if
you're a "furriner" (even a Canadian), don't mess with America, (3)
America's in a bit of a bad place right now, so tread lightly, and (n)
(your message in this space).

Best, Jeff Davis

    Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
               Groucho Marx