[ExI] What SF do you plan to read next?

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Mar 22 22:23:23 UTC 2010

Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s I read a huge amount of
science fiction. I devoured everything written by Robert Heinlein and
Philip K. Dick (an odd combination), and an awful lot of Isaac
Asimov, Robert Silverberg, and some Arthur C. Clark, among others.
 From the late 1980s, I read much less, but still kept up with some
of the more interesting new writers. I've read only a handful of SF
novels and short story collections over the previous decade up to
2009, but started to take a fresh look at what was out there last year.

I thought it might be fun to list the next dozen or so SF books that
I have lined up to read -- and to ask other Extropy-Chat subscribers
to post their own list of recently-read and next-to-read lists.

Recently read:

2010:
The John Varley Reader.
Charles Stross, Singularity Sky.
Supermen: Tales of the Posthuman Future.

2009
American Gods, Neil Gaiman.
Kate Wilhelm, Welcome, Chaos.
Ken Mcleod, The Cassini Division.
Joe Haldeman, The Accidental Time Machine.
Damien Broderick, Transcension
Immortals, edited by Jack Dann & Gardner Dozois

To read next:
Darwinia, by Robert Charles Wilson. (Reading March 2010)
Stardust, by Neil Gaiman.
The Dreaming Dragons by Damien Broderick.
Vacuum Flowers, Michael Swanwick
Arthur C. Clarke, A Fall of Moondust.
Stations of the Tide, by Michael Swanwick.
Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman.
Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman.
Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon
Iron Man, by Peter David.