[ExI] Don't be evil

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 08:43:36 UTC 2010

I know it's very unfashionable to say anything good about a very large corporation, but I think Google's decision to withdraw from the very large Chinese market because they no longer felt comfortable with the oppressive censorship that government imposed is commendable and is absolutely compatible with their famous motto.

Economically it might be foolish but morally it is the right thing to do. Capitalism doesn't always do the right thing but it did this time. Capitalists be proud!

 John K Clark