[ExI] Bees in more trouble than ever after bad winter

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 25 03:11:04 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of BillK
> Subject: [ExI] Bees in more trouble than ever after bad winter
>
> The mysterious 4-year-old crisis of disappearing honeybees is
> deepening. A quick federal survey indicates a heavy bee
> die-off this winter, while a new study shows honeybees'
> pollen and hives laden with pesticides.
>
> <http://www.physorg.com/news188628076.html>
>
> This year bees seem to be in bigger trouble than normal after
> a bad winter, according to an informal survey of commercial
> bee brokers cited in an internal USDA document... BillK

This report surprised me, for the local bees are doing well this year.  My
two citrus trees that I use as ant laboratories appear to be being beed
above normal, and the lavenders are very bee-ey this week.  The honeysuckle
is more beesque than I have seen in the past four years.  Perhaps it is that
I am home this spring every day instead of just the weekends, being as I am
jobless.

Thanks for the link Billk!