[ExI] What SF do you plan to read next?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:21:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Max More  wrote:
> QUESTION (to Damien, especially, but to other long-time SF readers):
> Mentioning Asimov reminds me of a parody essay(?)/story(?) that I'm pretty
> sure was written by John Sladek, in which various well know SF authors names
> are amusingly skewed, so that, for instance, Isaac Asimov becomes (something
> like) I Click As I Move. Can anyone tell me what book/article/collection I'm
> thinking of?

And, if you're interested in SF parody, I've just found this nice article

<http://www.ansible.co.uk/sfx/sfx040.html>
Set Phasers to 'Spoof'
SFX magazine column by David Langford: issue #40, July 1998

in which he comments:
"I've always wanted to assemble a collection of Best SF Parodies, but
editors flee screaming at the thought of marketing a book which
actually requires readers to know about other books".

BillK