[ExI] mersenne primes again

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 16:46:30 UTC 2010

Fascinating, spike.

I wonder if anyone has done a statistical analysis of the series to determine if the perceived change has statistical significance. Any idea?

A statistician should find it possible to say something like "The slope deviated at Mersenne prime number 38, and we know this with x% confidence."

(Statistical significance generally requires an x equal to or greater than 95.)

-gts