[ExI] 'RapeLay' video game goes viral amid outrage

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Mar 31 22:03:11 UTC 2010

...On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes

	Subject: Re: [ExI] 'RapeLay' video game goes viral amid outrage

	This has been known of for many years...
	* Popular precisely because it elicits such a moral panic
	without directly inflicting harm on anyone - with the arguable
	exception of the person playing the game, who has unarguably
	consented... Adrian

Ja.  The trick then would be to create a subroutine game that is the
counterpart to this one.  In the RapeLay genre the point of view is the
groper/rapist, so we create an embedded virus which launches automatically
and causes the point of view to shift pi radians, turning the hunter into
the hunted.  The rapist stalks his quarry and closes in, but is unexpectedly
apprehended by the authorities, then is placed in a small cell with an oddly
friendly galoot who stole a car by carrying it away on his back.  Then the
game shifts from stalking an innocent lass to how one alludes Bubba, while
one's shrieks of terror are ignored by the local constabulary as Bubba's
former roommates make bets on how long you will maintain your rectal
virginity.

What fun we could have with that, and possibly even create a sim with
educational value and some socially redeeming qualities.