[ExI] Mining the Sky SL Talk I gave today

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 5 02:03:29 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of
> Adrian Tymes
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Mining the Sky SL Talk I gave today
>
> --- On Fri, 4/30/10, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> > The key is the concept: Rather than worrying about
> predicting where it
> > will land, why not try to make it easy to find once it has?
>
> Because landing it anywhere near a populated area will get
> you tossed in jail, possibly for life, and/or executed, and
> will set public opinion strongly against asteroid mining for
> decades...

There is that.  The chances that it would fall into the sea is about 3/4.
{8-[  Add to that the risk the commies get aholt of it and cut it up and
pass it around to each according to his need.  Or that it falls into one of
those lands where one must be a Presbyterian to even enter.  Or it might
have been Episcopalian, I don't recall at the moment that religion that
tends to discourage those who are not believers from even the local tourist
attractions.  Methodist perhaps.

Welcome back after all this time David!  How the heck long have you been
gone?