[ExI] two years in the slammer for blammisphy?

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Tue May 11 20:32:22 UTC 2010

Spike wrote:

>Perhaps Tomasz can clarify, but my interpretation is that the borders of
>Poland fluctuated wildly over the centuries.

Most of my family came from towns that changed country. My
grandmother, for instance, was born in what was Russia when
she was born and is Poland now. Adults spoke Yiddish and
the kids learned whatever the official language was at the time,
so they could translate for their parents.

Should a Wikipedia article refer to Gdansk or to Danzig?
The issue is common, messy, and volatile. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Gdansk/Vote

(I think it's useful for extropians to be conscious of the fervid
ferocity that others bring to so many issues that we shrug over.
If only to restrain our own gush when discussing *our* passions
with them.)

-- David.