[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 18 01:04:39 UTC 2010

________________________________

...On Behalf Of spike
>... 	Has anyone here buddies that work for Alcor?...	spike

Actually, I do have at least two friends who work for Alcor, altho I myself
am not currently signed up.  I might skip over myself and sign up my son.
He is a much nicer lad than I am.

Imagine yourself working at Alcor.  I guess I would have said "While fully
recognizing the absurdity and bad PR potential of digging, we signed a
contract, and now we hafta do what we hafta do.  Let us impose a reasonable
time limit in the future, such as 30 hours after clinical death."

What would you have said?  Why?

Offer regarding sock puppets in the matrix: if anyone here wants to make a
comment but wants to maintain anonymity, I do understand, you need not
explain why.  If you wish, you many post me any position or comment, I will
assign it an identity and remove all reference to you, post then erase the
original comment, then forget who sent it to me.

Forgetting who sent what is becoming easier for me every day.  {8-[  {8^D

If you are not comfortable with that level of anonymity, I can arrange to
have you post it to a third person who doesn't read ExI and doesn't know or
care what we discuss here, then she can anonymize your comments, and agree
to not tell me or anyone who sent what, then forward to me.  I have known
this person since we were teenagers, and I know her to be as honest as the
hammer and as reliable as the anvil.  Or you can have a trusted friend (who
we don't know) forward the comment.

Reason to offer anonymity: I can imagine there may have been internal
dissent in Alcor itself on this case.  It would be very interesting to hear
their insights and motives.

Another reason: I can imagine if one has friends in Alcor, one might wish to
not hurt their feelings by criticizing what they did.

Another reason: if one is a true believer in cryonics, I can see why one
would be reluctant to annoy the persons to whom you entrust your future.