[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 18 01:27:19 UTC 2010

...On Behalf Of samantha

	>I choose quadrant 2.  Alcor was prevented from fulfilling the
letter of the contract but was guilty of no sort of breach of contract.  The
contract should / could be written so there is no refund except by the
express wishes of the person that made the contract.   No refund except in
express circumstances is not uncommon.  The dig was pointless, emotionally
punitive and bad PR.  - samantha

OK cool thanks.  I would agree with everything except that Alcor might have
been legally bound to carry out this pointless, emotionally punitive, bad PR
act.  I am no legal expert, and agree that in the future, cryonics contracts
should cover this eventuality.  In any case, this is most unfortunate.

OK, so now I have:

> 	Quad 1) refund, no dig
> 	Quad 2) no refund, no dig
> 	Quad 3) refund, dig
> 	Quad 4) no refund,

Quad 1) 	spike's 3rd

Quad 2)	BillK?, spike's 2nd, Damien, Samantha

Quad 3)	Tim Halterman's 2nd

Quad 4)	Alcor, Mirco, Dave Sill, spike, Holly Gray, Tim Halterman, Jeff
Davis,  Stefano(?)

Reasoning:

Quad 1, for:  	best for Alcor PR.  ref: ?

Quad 1, against:  motivates relatives to burn or bury you. ref: spike

Quad 2, for:   	better PR for Alcor than 4.  ref. BillK, Damien, Samantha.

Quad 2, against:	breaks contract, opens Alcor to liability.  ref.
Jeff Davis(?)

Quad 3, for:	help me here.

Quad 3, against:	Alcor goes broke, risks the currently suspended.
ref. spike

Quad 4, for:	Alcor carries out what it agreed to do contractually.  refs:
Alcor, Mirco, Dave Sill, spike, Holly Gray, Tim Halterman, Jeff Davis,
Stefano(?)

Quad 4, against:	bad PR for Alcor, hopeless for the patient, silly,
gross, etc.  refs:  Damien, BillK(?), Samantha