[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 18 05:59:37 UTC 2010

OK, I added in Brent Allsop's insightful observations and commentary to the
score sheet.  Brent and I face similar problems: a family mostly willing,
possibly eager, to deny our dying wishes for religious reasons.  {8-[

Brent is far too nice, thinking of how to help his siblings, even if they
fail to carry out his wishes.  After I read his missive, I changed the order
of my 2nd and 3rd choices, but I may change it back to where I had it
before.

There are two voices in particular I still haven't heard, but I will not
call out their names in case they wish to post with anonymity.  Since they
are influential types, I can imagine a good reason why they would want to
think carefully.

In any case, here is where we stand:

> 	Quad 1) refund, no dig
> 	Quad 2) no refund, no dig
> 	Quad 3) refund, dig
> 	Quad 4) no refund, dig.

Score so far:

Quad 1) 	spike's 2nd, Brent's 3rd

Quad 2)	BillK?, spike's 3rd, Damien, Samantha, David Lubkin's 2nd.

Quad 3)	Tim Halterman's 2nd, Brent's 2nd

Quad 4)	Alcor, Mirco, Dave Sill, spike, Holly Gray, Tim Halterman, Jeff
Davis, Stefano(?), David Lubkin, Brent Allsop.

> 	Quad 1) refund, no dig
> 	Quad 2) no refund, no dig
> 	Quad 3) refund, dig
> 	Quad 4) no refund, dig

Quad 1, for:  	best for Alcor PR.  Helps the siblings of the deceased?
ref: Brent Allsop 3rd(?)

Quad 1, against:  motivates relatives to burn or bury you. ref: spike, Brent

Quad 2, for:   	better PR for Alcor than 4.  ref: BillK, Damien, Samantha.

Quad 2, against:	breaks legally binding contract, opens Alcor to
liability.  Ref: Jeff Davis(?)

Quad 3, for:	Helps the siblings of the deceased?  Brent Allsop 2nd(?).

Quad 3, against:	Alcor goes broke, risks the currently suspended.
Might motivate the siblings to burn or bury.  Ref: spike, Brent.

Quad 4, for:	Alcor carries out what it agreed to do contractually,  Alcor
may be legally required to dig.   refs:  Alcor, Mirco, Dave Sill, spike,
Holly Gray, Tim Halterman, Jeff Davis, Stefano(?), David Lubkin, Brent
Allsop.

Quad 4, against:	bad PR for Alcor, hopeless for the patient, silly,
gross, etc.  refs:  Damien, BillK(?), Samantha