[ExI] Cryonics and reanimation/simulation

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:15:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM, John Grigg
<possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to know how many of you believe an actual biological
> reanimation (and not simply a scan & simulation) will be possible at
> some point (and if that is preferable to other options).  I'm just not
> content with having a copy made.

Firstly, I don't think scanning and simulating a brain is simple.

By reanimation do you mean "simply" thawing and nano-repairing a brain
and implanting it in a cloned body? Or would a nano-constructed
replica from a scan qualify? The latter, of course, would "just" be a
copy.

Personally, I don't care a whole lot about the platform on which my
consciousness is running, as long as it *is* running.

-Dave