[ExI] Israel and Transhumanism article in H+

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu May 20 23:41:54 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:

>Yes, I could see how the term "eugenics" could be very ugly to Israel,
>considering the Nazi legacy of torture and genocide.  And yet one of
>the next smoking hot fields is going to be biotech, in it's various
>manifestations.

I don't know if Israel will get into the pathways we like to consider
but they're #1 or 2 in the world for biotech startups.

In the category of small world -- my high school English teacher (in
Israel) is married to a scientist who pioneered (and patented) the
use of bacteria to clean up oil in tankers, pipelines, and beaches.

He's done a lot of other interesting molecular microbiology,
particularly for pollution control (most recently, restoring coral).

-- David.