[ExI] Transhumanism, PsyWar and B.E.P.’s “Imma Be”

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Wed May 26 13:46:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM, AlgaeNymph <algaenymph at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3563
>
> The general gist of the article and supporting comments is that
> Transhumanism is run by evil elites, then goes off to describe examples of
> H+ in mass media brainwashing.
>
> I'd normally disregard an article written by a tinfoil paranoid publication,
> but then I looked at the comments.
>
> 800+, and counting.  This is a live thread.
>
> I feel this is indicative of a larger trend we need to confront, rather than
> disregard as unimportant.  I don't want angry mobs or demagogues using the
> law against us while we in-fight and complacently wait for the Singularity.
>  Yes, I believe we're doing that.  No, I won't stop voicing that concern,
> even when blatantly ignored.
>
> Also the dialog between Damian and LVB (the author) is worth reading, if
> only for learning what to prepare for in an argument.

Several transhumanist bloggers talked about this entertaining
conspiracy theorist a few weeks ago already. This blog post happens to
contain links to several of the others:

http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/michael/blog/2010/05/cover-for-christina-aguileras-next-album-bionic/

I for one welcome our conspiracy theorist "friends", and hope Alex
Jones would again demonize us one of these days. Anyone with half a
brain will see that these folks are out of their minds, but the more
people hear of us, even from such sources, the better it is for us.
The closer that a particular person is to being competent in thinking
and in actually achieving his goals, whatever they are, the more
likely (s)he, once hearing of us or any other group, is to arrive to a
non-deluded view of what we are about.

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei