[ExI] Marty Nemko career counseler prohibitionist?

Jim Stevenson jims at eos.arc.nasa.gov
Fri May 28 18:15:42 UTC 2010

Marty Nemko is a career counseler and radio talk show host
on kGO Sunday evenings,
and KALW Sundays 11Am to noon.

He is an open atheist, with libertarian sympathies,
He is also signed up for cryonics.

yet he speaks of the benefits of prohibition
 of both alcohol and marijuana.
comparing such prohibition to traffic speed limits.
He often talks about the import of considering
"benefit to risk ratio".
Yet he says nothing about the many costs of prohibition.

He does not seem to consider that the same Big Brother governments
who try to protect individuals from themselves,
would likely try to prohibit us from choosing our individual risks,
and us from spending our earned funds on cryonics.

Do any of you know him or his work,
or have the ability to discuss prohibition with him?

--

Jim Stevenson Ph.D
experimental psychologist, conducting sonification research,
jims at eos.arc.nasa.gov
(650) 604-5720 w
or leave message any time.

ham call