[ExI] THE MIGHTY ORIGINAL

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:03:13 UTC 2010

2010/11/3 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> If it has value then it has a price, but in the age of nanotechnology if you
> had some gold that I wanted (because I thought it looked pretty?) what could
> I trade you for it? About the only thing I can think of is another rare
> element, platinum maybe, because both the elements gold and platinum are
> unique, although atoms of gold or platinum are not. One gold atom is just
> like another but it is not like a platinum atom, it is like nothing else in
> the universe except for another gold atom.

This may be the only context where the high-holy atom argument has you
making a case for differences in atoms :)

Possibly the only thing we can trade that is more rare than minerals:
time.   If I am to enjoy clock time at any multiplier above 1 then I
need your clock time working for me.  Slavery is certainly nothing
new.  Wage slavery is simply a PC term for the idea.
(and I agree with how you feel about PC terms too)