[ExI] hot processors?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:51:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM, spike  wrote:
> I will run it full bore for a few nights.  If it works, then I will be
> satisfied with it.

Fair enough. But remember that with the cooler you're effectively
changing it into a desktop pc and losing the flexibility of having a
laptop.

I'd recommend running a temperature monitor software that rings alarms
or shuts down if the temperature gets too high. (It's easy to get the
air vents blocked up without noticing).

Core Temp reports on multiple cores and seems quite nice.
<http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/>

Even if the temperature doesn't get quite high enough to close down,
running for long periods at high temperatures will shorten the life
span of the chips.

Cheers, BillK