[ExI] Announcing the Gada Prize in Personal Manufacturing @ Humanity+

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 16:59:19 UTC 2010

Today, Humanity+ is announcing that we are taking on the Gada Prize in
Personal Manufacturing. I am really excited about this one. Here's the
announcement:

Announcing the Gada Prize in Personal Manufacturing @ Humanity+
http://humanityplus.org/2010/11/gada-prize-in-personal-manufacturing-at-humanityplus/

"""
Humanity+ is proud to announce the Gada Prize (gadaprize.org) in Personal
Manufacturing. By January 1, 2013, we will award $20,000 to the individual
or team who demonstrates specific improvements to 3D printing technology.
The prize was initially hosted by the Foresight
Institute<http://foresight.org/>and is now hosted by
Humanity+ <http://humanityplus.org/>. Founded in 1998, Humanity+ focuses on
human enhancement and emerging technologies. Desktop 3D printers promise a
disruption in manufacturing technology, with improvements on price,
productivity, and portability. We believe that a fully open-source 3D
printer will herald a new era for both industrial manufacturing and
individual prototyping– allowing everyone to rapidly build and test their
inventions.

The Gada Prize awards innovations applied to the RepRap
<http://reprap.org/>platform, an open source 3D printer capable of
printing plastic objects.
Established in 2005 by Adrian Bowyer, the RepRap project has now grown into
an international community of scientists, researchers, engineers and RepRap
operators. The long-term vision of the RepRap project is an open-source
self-replicating machine — a 3D printer that can build copies of itself.

Interested? Everyone is invited to get involved! The
teams<http://reprap.org/wiki/Gada_Prize>are especially friendly, and
you can always reach out to us.

Humanity+ is an international organization focusing on technologies that
expand human capacities. We primarily engage in promotion, conferences,
ethics, debate, publication, and sponsored projects. The goal of the Gada
Prizes is to improve the lives of one billion people by 2020. After an
incubation period with the Foresight Institute, the Gada Prize is now a
welcome addition to our portfolio.

Resources:

   - RepRap wiki <http://reprap.org/wiki/Gada_Prize> has a list of teams
   - RepRap.org prize forum <http://dev.forums.reprap.org/list.php?171>
   - irc.freenode.net #reprap <irc://irc.freenode.net/#reprap>
   - irc.freenode.net #hplusroadmap <irc://irc.freenode.net/#hplusroadmap>

Contact:
Bryan Bishop <http://heybryan.org/>
Asst. Director of R&D, Humanity+
bryan at humanityplus.org <kanzure at gmail.com>