[ExI] Fwd: [london-hack-space] Request for knowledge: Implantable Microchips

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 6 18:58:11 UTC 2010

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] Fwd: [london-hack-space] Request for knowledge:
Implantable Microchips

2010/11/6 spike <spike66 at att.net>

>> 1.5 million dollar research project and found that the best places would
be the back of the hand or the forehead (as described in holy scripture
donchaknow.)  Without a penny of research, I can see these would be the
second and third worst places for such a device (for men anyways.)

>I can see the forehead, but why is the back of the hand a bad place?  Just
the
visible bump (since there's not that much flesh between the handbones and
the
skin there)?

Not enough flab on the hand, way too many nerve endings, muscles and tendons
everywhere, too much exposure to scrapes, plenty of mechanical stress,  just
sounds risky to me.  Possible alternative would be that loose flab on the
upper arm.  Most of us recall seeing our elementary school teacher writing
something on the board, and that upper-arm flab would get to oscillating.
Flab is a good place to put a microchip, to reduce the risk of its wandering
off.  Actually one of the best places for something like that might be in
the scrotum, although it might make the user look a little strange when
using the reader.