[ExI] I love the world. =)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 8 22:17:01 UTC 2010

> On Nov 7, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:

>>  The world is such a place of amazing majesty,

> It could be better.

>> I wouldn't dare change a thing about it.

> You are suffering from either a lack of courage or a lack of imagination.

And you are lacking eyesight. =P

>> I wouldn't have any other way.

> A world without cancer would be another way, and I believe I'd prefer that.

Come on, read my first posting again! I explicitly said that
transhumanism was about fixing the bugs in the human body, specifically
death, but implicitly all other things one might want to customize for
either good or even bad reasons. =P

>> Why do other transhumanists suffer the fools who talk about reducing it
>> all to computronium even for an instant?

> Do you have any reason to be certain that hasn't already happened?

Byte me. =|

Nick Bostrom is a sophist and so is everyone else who agrees with him.

You are getting into a DesCartes versus Occam argument here. If you side
with DesCartes you must first claim that you are the happy victim of an
unspeakably evil monster. If you side with Occam you get to sit in your
easy chair with a smirk on your face and quietly say "prove it" every
once in a while.

The null hypothesis in this case is that there is nothing artificial
about the reality in which we live. Artificial structures are extremely
easy to detect wherever they exist on earth, therefore show me an
artifact of the simulation you are proposing that proves it exists.

Should you manage to prove that it exists, I'll immediately drop
everything and start working on the problem of "outloading" myself to
whatever is out there. With that done, I'll amuse myself by making
silly, arbitrary, and obnoxious changes to this universe with the aim of
inspiring my peers to follow me to the exit.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.