[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

Singularity Utopia singularity.utopia at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 11:19:53 UTC 2010

Thanks Richard Loosemore, regarding the SL4 route to contact Eliezer, that's
exactly the info I needed.

John Grigg, you say I may not be allowed to stay long on the SL4 list? Why is
this, are Singularitarians an intolerant group leaning towards fascism?

Spike, you say Eliezer's theme was: "The singularity is coming regardless.  Let
us work to make it a positive thing."... and you say: "My constructive criticism
of your earlier posts was that your theme is: the singularity will be a positive
thing regardless."

Yes it is my intention to make the Singularity a positive thing regardless. I
say the Singularity will be a positive thing regardless of what anyone else says
because, and this is the important bit, the power of my expectations  positively
manifested WILL create utopia. It is all about my determination, self-belief,
the power of expectations, self-confidence, confidence in my abilities. You may
think my confidence is blind, misguided, or foolishly overconfident but I assure
you I will create utopia even if I have to do it all on my own, battling against
a legion of pessimists. In a sane world I cannot see why Eliezer would think my
attitude would be annoying or dangerous, but the world is insane therefore
irrational responses to my views are likely.

I actually think people who are overly-obsessed with friendly AI are very
dangerous due to their misguided attempts to attain rationality and "overcome
bias". My following webpage regarding the dangerous nature of people obsessed
with friendly-AI could possibly enlighten you:

http://singularity-2045.org/ai-dangerous-hostile-unfriendly.html

Spike you say: "The singularity is not necessarily a good thing, but we know
that a no-singularity future is a bad thing."

I assure you the Singularity WILL absolutely without doubt be a good thing but
this will not be through my inaction, it will because the power of my intellect
positively manifested has made the Singularity a good thing. I will utilize a
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, which I have previously  mentioned. Furthermore a
negative intelligence explosion would oxymoronic-intelligence. Intelligence will
be "intelligent" therefore the explosion will be utopian if truly intelligent
people define "intelligence". The problem with some people who think they are
intelligent is that they are misguided about the definition of intelligence,
they are actually rather stupid.

I will utilize the concept of self-fulfilling prophecy to create utopia. There
is no need to doubt the future. Utopia is coming. Rest assured you can expect
utopia. I encourage you all to put in the extra effort to make it happen sooner
instead of later. I am the Singularity! I am utopia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

Regarding the fallacy of "Overcoming Bias" I will soon publish a rebuttal on my
blogs. The desire to overcome bias is in itself a bias but such pseudo-rational
people are unaware of their bias due to the fact they are "bias-deniers"
(bias-fascists): they are overcoming bias thus they are creating a blind-spot
regarding their bias. Bias cannot be overcome, but if you try to overcome it you
will decrease you self-awareness.

http://yudkowsky.net/rational/overcoming-bias

Here is my forthcoming blog (in progress) regarding "the Bias of overcoming
Bias":

The major bias plaguing so-called rationalists is their glaring blind-spot
regarding the power of Self-fulfilling Prophecy.

Contrary  to their biased assertions (that bias should be overcome), I state
bias  is a fundamental part of human consciousness. Bias should be utilized
constructively, it should be not transcended. Self-fulfilling Prophecy is a
preeminent usage of bias. The solution is to be highly aware. To transcend bias
is  tantamount to lobotomizing the mind. Bias is the heart of evaluation,
judgment, existence. We are biased regarding pain and pleasure for  example. If
we were not biased regarding pain and pleasure we would be  mindless robots. Do
Transhumanists seek the evolution of the human organism  to a point where we are
stoical machines indifferent to emotions?

Wishful-thinking,  positive-thinking, and overconfidence can be very effective
when  applied  via keen intellect. Sadly the so-called "rationalist-less-wrong"
movement (overcoming bias) and similar Transhuman-futurist-cliques are deficient
in intellect. Furthermore they are unaware of their intellectual deficiencies
due to their bias; they are biased about bias thus they want to overcome it, but
they are  unaware of there bias.

http://www.overcomingbias.com is good example of flawed thinking.

Sadly I suspect the proponents of overcoming bias and other similar endeavours
will be negatively-biased regarding my contributions?

Regards

Singularity Utopia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

http://singularity-2045.org/hyper-mind-explosion.html

http://singularity-2045.org/

Here is an article I wrote about subjectivity/objectivity a while ago:

http://spacecollective.org/SingularityUtopia/6133/Objectivity-Fallacy-a-plea-for-increased-subjectivity

UTOPIA IS COMING!